300-Hour Teacher Training Program
Johns Creek Yoga 300-Hour Teacher Training Program
To be eligible for the 300hr yoga instructor certification you will need to have already obtained a Yoga Alliance certification at the 200hr level, (from Johns Creek Yoga or elsewhere).
In even the highest quality 200 hour yoga instructor certifications, there is only so much you can learn. An additional 300 hours of certification demonstrates that you have taken the time to dive more deeply into the rich history, art and science of yoga, and into your own practice. Our program emphasizes experience in the belief that it is only possible to take students where you have already gone yourself. We balance that experience with practical tools to help you share what you have learned with your own students all while providing you with flexibility in scheduling your course work
About Your Trainer
Awaken the Teacher Within
We understand that most teachers who are pursuing deeper training at this level are already immersed in teaching careers and are often juggling multiple responsibilities. Our aim is to offer a program that will create as little disruption in your daily life as possible while still enriching your understanding of these ancient and powerful practices and enhancing your skills as an instructor.
How do I get certified?
To obtain certification, you are required to complete 12 modules plus one practicum. You can customize them according to your interests. This can be completed in as little as 12-18 months, or you can take up to 3 years. Most modules run from Friday to Sunday, but some are longer or shorter depending upon subject matter. They are taught by our experienced staff and by various other experts in their fields. Eight are mandatory, one sacred text and three are electives with restricted subject matter. Modules are generally open to the public as well, so you will be among both teachers and students seeking deeper understanding of their practice.
Creative Theming and Sequencing with Tami Roberts and Sheila McVay (Dates Coming Soon)
Teaching Trauma Sensitive Yoga with Amy Pancake (Dates Coming Soon)
Yoga and Ayurveda (Dates Coming Soon)
Designing and Leading Transformative Workshops and Retreats with Sheila McVay (Dates Coming Soon)
Embodied Anatomy with Grace Jull (Dates Coming Soon)
Meditation and Pranayama 5-day Immersion with Sheila McVay (Dates Coming Soon)
After Completion of all 8 required modules, you may schedule your Practicum which will require you to design and teach a 3-hour workshop of your choice under the guidance of one of our instructors at Johns Creek Yoga
Choose ONE of these Sacred Scripture Modules:
- Sacred Scriptures and Philosophy: The Bhagavad Gita with Sheila McVay
- Sacred Scriptures and Philosophy: The Hatha Yoga Pradipika with Sheila McVay
Choose THREE electives from the following:
- Teaching Yin Yoga (with Certification) with Dennis and Kathy Lang, Aug 3 – 5, 2018
- Grounded Kids Yoga with Amy Haysman, Aug 24-26, 2018
- SUP Teacher Training with Laura Clower, Sept 15-16
- Yoga Nidra: Evolutionary Education (RYT300) with Dr. Nick Atlas, Sept 29 – 30
- Advanced Assisting with Tami Roberts and Cybele Steen, Oct 19-21
- Thai Yoga Bodywork with Michael Sitzer, Nov 3-4 & Dec 1-2
- Mantra Yoga Intensive with Ian Boccio, Dates for 2019 Coming Soon
Upon Graduation, students will have completed all course work necessary to register as RYT500 with the National Yoga Alliance.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is required for consideration of acceptance. Download the application here: 300 hour Teacher Training Application Then email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A $250 non-refundable enrollment fee is required upon acceptance. This covers tracking of hours and graduation documentation.
- Prices for each module will vary from $120 for shorter programs to $1000 for the 5 day Meditation Immersion. Most 3 day modules will cost approximately $300. You will pay per module upon enrollment for each.