Welcome to Johns Creek Yoga!
Welcome All! Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to adapt to the changing circumstances of the pandemic. We are open for in-studio classes with the protocols listed below, and we have a robust online platform full of livestream and on-demand classes that you can access here. It is our deepest honor to participate in your physical and emotional wellness during these challenging times.
GUIDELINES FOR IN-STUDIO PRACTICE TO MITIGATE RISK OF COVID-19:
- Anyone with a fever or symptoms of the virus is asked to remain at home and continue enjoying our online offerings.
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart with a maximum of 8 students per class.
- Classes will be limited to 2 per day at each studio, allowing for ample time to clean and disinfect between classes.
- All students must bring their own props and mats. No props or mats will be made available through the studios.
- Students must register in advance for all classes, and since limited space is available, cancellations MUST take place at least one hour before class time. We will be unable to issue refunds for classes cancelled less than an hour before start. If you are an autopay member, you will be issued a warning for such a cancellation, and if it occurs a second time, you will be billed for a drop-in class.
- The studio will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily. Antibacterial wipes will be made available in the restrooms, and students will be asked to wipe down surfaces after each use. We will also make hand sanitizer available for all.
- Masks are required at all times inside the studio. Please Note: After much trial and error, we have discovered that the most comfortable masks for practice are the disposable, medical masks. We have plenty available for you if you should need one.
A Sampling of Our Classes
This class focuses on gentle and restorative postures, yogic breathing, and guided deep relaxation to reduce stress and increase movement and vitality. It is designed for students who prefer a less vigorous class or who simply need to unwind after a long day. Gentle Yoga is also ideal for students experiencing illness, injury, or chronic pain.
A class suited to all levels to build familiarity with the postures and basic principles of yoga. The emphasis here will be on careful alignment, breath and body awareness, optimal posture and body mechanics. Students experience the meditative benefits of yoga through linking of breath with movement. This class promotes strength, balance, flexibility, and stress reduction.
A class for students who have a basic understanding of yoga postures and alignment. Intermediate classes offer an opportunity to deepen your practice. Here you will have the chance to learn more advanced poses, including backbends, arm balances and inversions. You will explore techniques of Pranayama (breath work), and you will be introduced to some of the philosophical ideas that inform this ancient tradition.
Choose Your Classes and Start Today!
I had never stepped into a Yoga class before late August of this year! My insecurity immediately disappeared as I experienced such a friendly community of Yogies! The instructors are awesome and do a great job of making sure we all have correct posture. I love that I have choices of class times to suit my schedule on a daily basis! So thankful for Johns Creek Yoga Studio!
The instructors at Johns Creek Yoga are phenomenal! They are extremely knowledgeable and adept at incorporating the whole individual, mind, body and spirit into every yoga session.
For many people, 2020 marked a year of great suffering. The combination of the ongoing pandemic, racial discord, political strife,...
At the intersection of yoga and Taoist philosophy rests a unique type of yoga asana practice known today as Yin...
Both yoga and its sister science, Ayurveda, view the physical universe as a composition of five primary elements: earth, water,...
Many of the yoga poses we practicer today are named for Indian mythical heroes and legends from long ago. The...