Welcome to Johns Creek Yoga!
Welcome All! Thank you for your patience and support as the studio has been closed during the global pandemic. As of June 29, 2020 we have officially reopened for in-studio classes with the protocols listed below. We can’t wait to reconnect with old friends and meet new as we move towards inner and outer wellness.
GUIDELINES FOR IN-STUDIO PRACTICE TO MITIGATE RISK OF COVID-19:
- Anyone with a fever or symptoms of the virus is asked to remain at home and continue enjoying our online offerings.
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart with a maximum of 10 students per class.
- Classes will be limited to 2 per day at each studio, allowing for ample time to clean and disinfect between classes.
- Class length will be reduced uniformly to 50 minutes (studies show that more than 50 minutes of contact increases the chance of viral transmission).
- All students must bring their own props and mats. No props or mats will be made available through the studios.
- Students must register in advance for all classes, and since limited space is available, cancellations MUST take place at least one hour before class time. We will be unable to issue refunds for classes cancelled less than an hour before start. If you are an autopay member, you will be issued a warning for such a cancellation, and if it occurs a second time, you will be billed for a drop-in class.
- The studio will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily. Antibacterial wipes will be made available in the restrooms, and students will be asked to wipe down surfaces after each use. We will also make hand sanitizer available for all.
- If you are comfortable wearing a mask for practice, you are welcome to do so, but masks will not be mandatory.
Log On to Wellness Living for Registration
A Sampling of Our Classes
This class focuses on gentle and restorative postures, yogic breathing, and guided deep relaxation to reduce stress and increase movement and vitality. It is designed for students who prefer a less vigorous class or who simply need to unwind after a long day. Gentle Yoga is also ideal for students experiencing illness, injury, or chronic pain.
A class suited to all levels to build familiarity with the postures and basic principles of yoga. The emphasis here will be on careful alignment, breath and body awareness, optimal posture and body mechanics. Students experience the meditative benefits of yoga through linking of breath with movement. This class promotes strength, balance, flexibility, and stress reduction.
A class for students who have a basic understanding of yoga postures and alignment. Intermediate classes offer an opportunity to deepen your practice. Here you will have the chance to learn more advanced poses, including backbends, arm balances and inversions. You will explore techniques of Pranayama (breath work), and you will be introduced to some of the philosophical ideas that inform this ancient tradition.
Choose Your Classes and Start Today!
I had never stepped into a Yoga class before late August of this year! My insecurity immediately disappeared as I experienced such a friendly community of Yogies! The instructors are awesome and do a great job of making sure we all have correct posture. I love that I have choices of class times to suit my schedule on a daily basis! So thankful for Johns Creek Yoga Studio!
I attended the Meditation and Pranayama class on Sunday and it was truly a great experience. I came in with an upset stomach and lots of tension, but that quickly went away. An unbelievable calm settled over me in the first 10-minutes of class. Thank you so much Mayuri for starting this class. it is exactly what I what I need.
The instructors at Johns Creek Yoga are phenomenal! They are extremely knowledgeable and adept at incorporating the whole individual, mind, body and spirit into every yoga session.
Both yoga and its sister science, Ayurveda, view the physical universe as a composition of five primary elements: earth, water,...
Many of the yoga poses we practicer today are named for Indian mythical heroes and legends from long ago. The...
“Experts estimate that more than 50% of Americans will go through at least one traumatic event in their lives. The...
Read Sheila’s latest article here.… “The action of dismantling systemic racism and working for social justice is yoga. It is...